Saturday 16 August 2014

All in the eyes

It feels like forever since I crafted and then today I woke up with my mojo in overdrive.  I wanted to make everything.

This morning I cut some of the chipboard for my DT project and this afternoon I started work on this mask.


This mask has been inked, stamped, painted and gessod a number of times and it never seemed to look right, so I tossed it into a drawer so that I didn't have to look at it.


I'm using a couple of die cuts to decorate the mask and some idenden tape.  I have cut the clocks out for the eye holes.


I had to manipulate the die cuts a bit to get them to fit around the eyes.


After I covered the mask in idenden tape I dabbed on some alcohol ink (butterscotch) to give it a bit of colour.


I then painted the mask with black acrylic paint and wiped most of it off and then dabbed a bit of gold gilding wax in places.  I think the lace at the top finished it off nicely.  I attached that with a brad.

Time for a glass of wine I think

Laters

Naomi x

1 comment: