Tuesday 29 April 2014

Inspiration

Where do you find inspiration.  I find it all over the place. architecture, things in shops and more and more online.  Pinterest is my best friend.  I look on there most days just to see what comes up on my home page.  I also use it when my mojo takes a break or if I am looking for ideas part way through a project and I have gotten stuck.

Most of my makes have come from inside my head.  I build using chipboard (2mm) and rarely follow tutorials.  I have made "versions" of things that I have seen.


I loved this chest of drawers as soon as I saw it.  I saw it on the Graphic 45 blog (great source of inspiration) and immediately wanted to make my own version of it.  I now know that it was made by a talented artist called Andrew Roberts. You can find his blog here


It was well worth the time it took to work out how to build it and I plan to make a slightly smaller one soon.

I am going to put links in the bar on the right of blogs from people that I find inspiring.  Some offer tutorials, but they all put out such great work, that I have to keep going back.  School run to do soon so I will put the links up later.

I have two more canvases to hessian wrap today, then I will be off to look at pinterest to see what inspires me today.

Stay inspired

Laters

Naomi x

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ny ... loving your blog honey ... and the name is awesome ..... I adored these draws when you made them and I STILL adore them now ... you are such a talented crafter and you always inspire me xxx
    Tina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thank you. I still have loads to learn. I will post the things that go wrong on here as well. Might give you a giggle :)

    ReplyDelete