Thursday 24 July 2014

How it all starts

I'm just about to start a new DT make for Ferni Designs

Sometimes, when I see a product, I can picture in my mind exactly what I am going to do with it and this is one of those makes.  Quite often I just get a basic idea and then I have to flesh it out and the end result isn't always what I had pictured in my head.  I love that about crafting.


For this make I will be using chipboard so I have had to do some forward planning to make sure that everything will fit together okay.  I quite enjoy this aspect of the creating as one of my hobbies used to be designing houses.  I can create scale floor plans for entire houses and I honestly can get lost in the creation of them.  At some point I would like to be able to make scale models of the plans that I have made and bring them to life.

I know what I am building with this piece, but I don't have a clue about the way it will be decorated yet.  I am hoping it will "speak" to me once I get further along in the construction of the piece.

Just in case you are wondering.  I found out that you can cut some of the Fernli products with a sharp craft knife and a metal ruler, so I have cut the fence in half.  I can see me doing this again for other projects with some of the other products.  The pieces are already very versatile, but now I can make sure that everything fits exactly as I need it to on a project.

Enough typing :)  Time to get back to crafting.

Laters

Naomi x

No comments:

Post a Comment