Monday 23 June 2014

Challenging

Hi

Sorry it has been so long since my last post but things have been a little hectic.  I am still in the process of setting up my new group Crafters @ Play and working on my Design Team project for Fernli Designs (I have a list of those to work on).

Now to explain the title.  When I craft I tend to have an idea in my head of what I want to do.  Often it is something I have never tried before, so I have to work out how the project will go together.  I take pictures as I work and quite often, they will be turned into a tutorial. For me, this is part of the challenge of creating something new and sometimes, this is the part that I enjoy the most.

Because of the way that I craft I often make mistakes.  BOY do I make mistakes, and going back through my pictures or tutorials, I can often see where techniques can be tweaked or improved upon.  The trick is not to get bogged down with the bits that didn't go so good.


I think I have shown you this one before.  The shape is based on one made by Andrew Roberts a while back.  It looks okay in this picture and it does work but.......


I went a little crazy with the structure strips on the inner box and as a result, you have to really wiggle the lid to get it off.

Don't be afraid to try things.  Yes stuff will go wrong from time to time, but that is part of the fun and you learn what not to do next time.  I have crafters that I follow and greatly admire, but I bet that they, like us, have a pile of projects hidden away that they messed up or didn't finish.

Have fun with your crafting.  Challenge yourself to try some thing new and out of your comfort zone.  You might like it :)

Laters

Naomi x

1 comment:

  1. I agree construction is a learning process but when it goes right it is great to sit back and think "I made that" :-D looking forward to seeing your new creations :-D xx

    ReplyDelete