Tuesday 6 May 2014

I don't know how it happened

I have shocked myself.  Yesterday I made a pink and girly scrapbook layout with loads of lace and flowers on.  Why is this a shock?  We any one who knows me and my crafting knows I don't do loads of pink and girly.

If I had to describe my crafting style, I would call it grunged and distressed.

I love dark rich jewel tones and the many shades of brown.  I fell in love with Steam punk as soon as I saw it and I haven't looked back since.  I understand the essence of steampunk. but I don't feel that I have ever truely pulled it off, so I call my stuff steampunk inspired. It drives me nuts when people make something, slap a cog on it and call it steampunk.  It isn't!!  Why is there a cog sticking out of the flowers?  It has nothing to do with any thing else that is on the page and the image or topper used is usually not steampunk either.

As you can tell, the cog thing is a bug bear of mine.

I digress.  Yesterdays layout is for a challenge I will be running in June for CFG Scrappers.  I need to take a proper day light photo and then I can start work on the video tutorial to go with it.  I also need to start work on another video that needs to precede it as there is a technique that I used that needs explaining.

I need to finish getting ready for the school run and work

Laters

Naomi x 

No comments:

Post a Comment